Jim Ashworth has accumulated over 46 years of diverse and unique project experience in the construction industry totaling over 1.8 Billion Dollars of direct work experience. He has held positions from laborer to President as he worked his way up the construction corporate ladder. His experience allows him to market, estimate, manage design, procurement of materials, manage construction procedures on site, provide corporate management office staff and manage the accounting function of the corporation. Jim has also contributed to the community through various organizations, see list of organizations below.
Professional Work Experience (see referenced project list below)
The Austin Company, 200 Galleria Parkway SE, Suite 1300, Atlanta, GA 30339
Senior Project Manager 2013 – Present
1. Overall total Project responsibility from initial design through turn over to Client.
2. Manage Engineering, Procurement, Contracting, Accounting and Construction of Multi-Million Dollar projects.
3. Coordinate with Marketing to develop Pre-Construction Budgets and schedules.
4. Assist Clients with the Commissioning of their new facility and training their maintenance staff on building systems.
OneSource Facility Solutions, 2233 Lake Park Drive, Smyrna, GA 30080
Construction Operations Manager 2010-2013
1. Operational manager for construction activities for $50 M per year firm.
2. Managed construction projects and other staff Project Managers.
3. Provided pre-construction services for all projects.
4. Managed and coordinated the engineering responsibilities of the design of projects.
5. Reviewed and supervised accounting functions of firm.
6. Executed all subcontractor agreements, payments, and owner contracts.
7. Reviewed and approve all insurance and bonding requirements of firm.
The Facility Group, 2233 Lake Park Drive, Smyrna, GA 30080
Vice President Purchasing 2001-2009
1. Provide the overall procurement effort of all work totaling $450 M per year.
2. Responsible for creating and maintaining a preferred list of venders, which includes international companies.
3. Responsible for interfacing with the construction managers, scheduling, estimating and accounting to ensure timely buyouts of the projects.
4. Developing and maintaining policy and procedures in submitting and awarding vender bid packages.
5. Approval of all bids and the execution and development of all contracting documents, negotiates commercial terms and conditions with venders.
6. Reviews and approves of all insurance and bonding requirements.
7. Ensures good buys on the projects by instigating purchasing strategies and is responsible for the central purchasing or national agreements with venders.
8. Negotiates and issue contracts with design professional.
Raker Construction Company LLC, 401 Butler Industrial Drive, Dallas, GA 30132
Executive Vice President 1999-2001
1. Overall responsible for the development of total general contracting work including ground up construction for $25 M per year company.
2. Responsible for developing the marketing of firm.
3. Responsible for operational procedures of firm including all contracts to venders.
4. Develop and managed safety program
Genoa Construction Services, Inc., 1100 Circle 75 Parkway, Suite 700, Atlanta, GA 30081
Executive Vice president 1992-1999
1. Operational manager for construction activities for $35 M per year firm.
2. Estimated and managed construction projects and managed other staff project managers.
3. Managed the construction responsibilities of the Development Arm of the firm.
4. Reviewed and supervised accounting functions of firm.
5. Executed all subcontractor agreements, payments, and owner contracts.
6. Reviewed and approve all insurance and bonding requirements of firm.
7. Company Safety Manager.
Patterson-West General Contractors, Inc., 2385 Amwiler Road, Norcross, GA 30003
1. Overall management of construction firm $40M per year.
2. Total responsibilities of all aspects of the business including marketing, estimating, managing site construction personnel, accounting and general administration of firm.
3. Joined the firm as Project Manager and work up the ranks to eventually become the President when managing partner retired.
Stratton Construction Company, Inc., 8400 Peachtree Industrial Drive, Norcross, GA
Project Manager/ General Superintendent 1983-1984
1. Responsible for hiring and training of all field personnel while managing construction of major project.
2. Included implementing construction site procedures related to construction and safety procedures.
3. Interview and hire site staff including Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, Administrative Assistants, Carpenters and Labors.
4. Approval of all project related cost with coordination with the accounts payable department.
5. Reviewed and approved all “Applications for Payment” for all projects.
Batson Cook Company, 6666 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA
Project Manager 1972-1983
1. Provide total construction management of projects of a firm completing $100M per year.
2. Duties included estimating, RFI, Shop Drawing and Submittal review, weekly labor cost forecasting, monthly payment applications to Owner, weekly subcontractor meetings coordination with field staff, and expediting materials to project site.
3. Joined firm as general labor and worked way the ladder to carpenter, engineer, assistant superintendent, superintendent and project manager.
Born in Hampton, SC 1951
Move to Savannah, GA 1960
Moved to Marietta, GA 1971
Moved to Dallas, GA 1973
Married 1973 to Janet Walraven Ashworth (6 generation Paulding County)
Three Children: Stephanie Ashworth Brazil (married to Jimmy Brazil) and Spencer Ashworth (married to Leslie Rainwater Ashworth), Melanie Ashworth, (deceased 1982).
Three Grand Children: Kennedy and McClain Ashworth, JT Brazil, (deceased 2004).
1967- 1969 Savannah High School
Lettered in Football (Alternate Captain) and Track
1969- 1970 United Electrical Workers of America Apprentice Program
1970 – 1976 Attended Southern Technical Institute (Currently The Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering at Kennesaw State University) Majored in Architectural Engineering
1987 National College of Appraisal
Achieved CRRA designation
Current – Hundreds of Continuing Education Hours (Various Engineering and Construction Subjects)
1970-1976 117th Georgia Air National Guard (Savannah, GA)
Achieved rank of Senior Master Sergeant
Assigned to the Ground Power Support Group
Paulding Education Foundation, Inc.
Founding Board Member and Chairman of the Board 2007- Present
Appointed to Paulding County Economic Development Committee 2009- 2010
Paulding County Chamber of Commerce Board Member 2006- 2012
Executive Board (Past Chair) 2008- 2012
Executive Board Chairman 2010- 2011
Executive Board Chair Elect 2009- 2010
Executive Board Treasurer 2008- 2009
Executive Board Secretary 2007- 2008
Past Chair Finance Committee 2008- 2009
Past Chair Education Committee 2007- 2008
Seat on Education Committee 2007- 2010
Seat on Membership Committee 2004- 2007
Paulding County Public Safety Recognition Dinner Sponsor 2006- 2008
Cobb County Chamber of Commerce
Membership Committee (Top Fund Raiser 2003) 2002-2006
KSU Early Childhood Center Advisory Board 2007- 2010
Paulding County High School PTSA, President 1993-1994
Paulding County High School PTSA, Treasury 1994-1995
Paulding County High School Band Booster, Vice President 1992-1995
1992 President’s Award for Fund Raising
Paulding County Recreational Basketball, Asst. Coach 1993-1995
1st Place each year
Cub Scouts of America Den 775, Den Father 1992-1994
Zion Baptist Church, Deacon 1998- Present
Shady Grove Baptist Church, Deacon 1987- 1998
Shady Grove Baptist Church Cemetery Trust Fund, 1985- 1998
Past Chairman and Trustee
PROJECTS BY JAMES F. ASHWORTH
|Delta Parking Lots||Delta (CB KOLL)||$600,000||1998|
|M-1 Spline Enclosure (Tram Tunnel)||Atlanta Airport||$120,000,000||1979|
|Republic Airlines Facilities||Republic Airlines||$3,500,000||1980|
|Altamaha Bank||Altamaha Bank||$800,000||1997|
|First Union Hiram||First Union National Bank||$821,000||1999|
|First Union McGinnis||First Union National Bank||$790,000||1999|
|First Union Powder Springs||First Union National Bank||$822,000||1999|
|CCE Dongen NL||Coca Cola Enterprises||$20,000,000||2001|
|Danone Mt Shasta||Danone water||$6,500,000||2001|
|Danone Texas||Danone water||$7,100,000||2001|
|CCE East Hartford||Coca Cola Enterprises||$17,400,000||2002|
|CCE Elmsford||Coca Cola Enterprises||$10,300,000||2002|
|Danone Florida||Danone water||$3,700,000||2002|
|Norcross 1st United Methodist||Norcross 1st United Methodist||$3,800,000||1987|
|Roswell United Methodist||Roswell United Methodist||$5,300,000||1988|
|Orange Hill Baptist Church||Orange Hill Baptist Church||$1,600,000||1989|
|McDonough Rd Baptist||McDonough Rd Baptist||$2,200,000||1993|
|Hope United Methodist Church||Hope United Methodist Church||$1,854,694||2000|
|Michaels Arts and Crafts||Michaels Arts and Crafts||$12,300,000||2002|
|Tony’s Pizza||Tony’s pizza||$1,800,000||2002|
|Morehouse Renovations||Morehouse College||$160,000||1994|
|GSU IT-86 Classroom||GA Board of Regents||$28,000,000||2003|
|KSU East Parking Deck||Place Collegiate Properties||$6,100,000||2003|
|KSU West parking Deck||Place Collegiate Properties||$4,600,000||2003|
|KSU English Classroom||GA Board of Regents||$4,600,000||2004|
|Southern University @ Baton Rouge||Board of Regents||$100,000,000||2004|
|West GA Housing||Private Funding||$8,600,000||2004|
|KSU Social Science Bldg.||Board of Regents||$23,400,000||2005|
|South Paulding Elementary & High||Paulding Co. Board of Education||$43,000,000||2006|
|KSU Multipurpose Building||Board of Regents||$7,557,000||2006|
|DeKalb Technical College Classroom Bldg||Board of Regents||$21,500||2007|
|North Paulding School Campus (3 ea)||Paulding Co. Board of Education||$80,000,000||2008|
|GoldKist Processing||GoldKist Industries||$13,250,000||2001|
|Project Marshall||Minute Maid||$32,000,000||2002|
|Blommer Chocolate||Blommer Chocolate||$7,000,000||2002|
|State Fair Corn Dog||Sara Lee||$6,600,000||2003|
|Hatfield Pork Facility||Hatfield Quality Meats||$34,000,000||2003|
|Meadowbrook Farms Pork Process.||Meadowbrook Farms||$28,000,000||2003|
|Dairy Farmers Expanion||Dairy Farmers of America||$7,000,000||2004|
|State Fair Corn Dog||Sara Lee||$9,000,000||2004|
|Mississippi Beef Processing||Mississippi Beef Processors||$43,000,000||2004|
|Nellson Nutraceutical||Nellson Nutraceutical||$763,000||2005|
|West Liberty Facilities||West Liberty||$25,977,000||2007|
|East Coast Olive Oil Facility||East Coast Olive Oil||$16,800,000||2007|
|Ventura Foods Facility||Ventura Foods||$9,700,000||2007|
|RAB Holdings Facility||RAB Holdings||$6,000,000||2007|
|Sugar Creek Foods||Sugar Creek Foods||$60,000,000||2010|
|Plumrose USA||Plumrose USA||$45,000,000||2011|
|ACME Foods||ACME Foods||$40,000,000||2013|
|Yanceys Fancy Cheese||Yanceys Fancy Cheese||$35,000,000||2014|
|Virginia Poultry Coop||VPGC||$66,000,000||2016|
|St Ives Country Club||North Fulton Land Equity, Ltd.||$8,500,000||1989|
|Capital City Club||Capital City Club||$2,707,000||1993|
|Golf Club of GA||Fuji Development||$6,284,000||1993|
|Gwinnett Fine Arts Center||Gwinnett Fine Arts Assoc||$1,015,000||1992|
|Army Aviation Warehouse||U S Navy||$1,054,000||1993|
|Golden Park Renovations||Consolidated Gov of Columbus||$4,800,000||1995|
|South Commons Site Work||Consolidated Gov of Columbus||$3,200,000||1996|
|Cobb County Work Release||Cobb County||$3,600,000||2001|
|Montgomery Intermodal Facility||City Of Mongomery Alabama||$40,000,000||2005|
|Braselton GA Public Safety||City of Braselton, GA||$4,800,000||2005|
|New Firestation No. 10||City of Douglasville, GA||$1,300,000||2005|
|Cartersville Public Library||City of Cartersville, GA||$5,550,000||2005|
|Lake Lanier Hilton Phase II||KSL Lake Lanier, Inc.||$2,225,000||1999|
|G M Canopy Addition||General Motors||$8,000,000||1977|
|Lockheed Martin Consolidation||Lockheed Martin||$8,200,000||2004|
|C R Bard Madsion||C R Bard||$18,800,000||2005|
|Penske Truck Maint. Facility (Sun Valley)||Penske Truck Leasing, Inc.||$4,891,000||2006|
|Penske Truck Maint. Facility (Corpus Christy TX)||Penske Truck Leasing, Inc.||$3,800,000||2006|
|Penske Truck Maint. Facility (Augusata GA)||Penske Truck Leasing, Inc.||$3,800,000||2006|
|Penske Truck Maint. Facility (OK City OK)||Penske Truck Leasing, Inc.||$3,800,000||2006|
|Penske Truck Maint. Facility (Lubbock TX)||Penske Truck Leasing, Inc.||$3,800,000||2006|
|Penske Truck Maint. Facility (Austin TX)||Penske Truck Leasing, Inc.||$3,800,000||2006|
|Penske Truck Maint. Facility (San Antonio TX)||Penske Truck Leasing, Inc.||$3,800,000||2006|
|Penske Truck Maint. Facility ( Jesup MD)||Penske Truck Leasing, Inc.||$3,800,000||2006|
|Franklin County Detention Center||Franklin County||$3,000,000||1993|
|Cherokee County Public Safety||Cherokee County Commissioners||$35,500,000||2002|
|Clayton County 911 Center||Clayton County||$10,800,000||2003|
|Escambia Co. Work Release||Escambia County||$3,000,000||2004|
|Kankakee Correctional||Kankakee County||$15,500,000||2004|
|Muscogee YDC||Muscogee County||$19,972,000||2004|
|Kankakee Correctional Phase 2||Kankakee County||$14,600,000||2005|
|Bibb County Dentention/Jail||Bibb County GA||$30,000,000||2005|
|Pickens County Jail||Pickens County, GA||$8,200,000||2005|
|Kankakee Correctional Phase 3||Kankakee County||$14,600,000||2006|
|Paulding County Courthouse & Admin Bldg||Paulding Co. Board of Commissioners||$54,000,000||2007|
|Snellville Hospital||Snellville Hospital||$4,000,000||1978|
|Dr. Lee’s Dental Clinic||Dr. Robert E. Lee||$890,000||1996|
|Henry General MRI||Kings Medical||$124,329||1997|
|North Cobb Professional Bldg.||Drs. Edge||$1,205,000||1999|
|Sentential Health Care||Sentential Health Care||$11,419||1999|
|WellStar Cobb General Deck||WellStar Health Services||$4,000,000||2005|
|Northlake Atrium Office Bldg.||Trammell Crow||$1,800,000||1983|
|Carter Oak Building ” A”||Hooker Barnes||$1,700,000||1985|
|Medlock Business Park||Hooker Barnes||$1,200,000||1985|
|Wegener Communications||Tech Park||$2,200,000||1985|
|SSI Corporate Campus||Stockholders Systems Inc.||$3,000,000||1990|
|CIBA Vision Corporate Campus||CIBA Vision||$30,000,000||1992|
|Mohawk Business Center||Mohawk Industries||$2,300,000||1994|
|Columbus Public Safety Complex||Consolidated Gov of Columbus||$2,700,000||1996|
|Avalon Center Bldg A||Avalon Center LLC||$565,000||1997|
|Avalon Center Bldg B||Avalon Center LLC||$900,200||1997|
|Scholars Press||Scholars Press||$3,503,948||1997|
|Precision Heating & Air||Precision Heating & Air||$14,942||1999|
|Railcar Ltd.||Railcar Ltd.||$46,000||2000|
|Railcar Management, Inc.||Railcar Management, Inc.||$8,009||2000|
|HEB Houston||HE Butt Grocery||$8,600,000||2001|
|Publix Pompano Beach||Publix Supermarkets||12.600,000||2001|
|HEB Combo||HE Butt Grocery||$14,100,000||2002|
|Giant Foods Maryland||Giant Foods||$42,000,000||2003|
|Sara Lee Cooler/Freezer||Sara Lee||$13,300,000||2003|
|Simmons Foods Freezer Expansion||Simmons Foods, Inc.||$9,200,000||2005|
|Associated Grocers Dry Storage/Cooler||Associated Grocer’s, Inc.||$7,740,000||2005|
|M/M Donald Walraven Residence||Donald Walraven||$180,000||1976|
|Charles Kellogg Residence Reno||Charles Kellogg||$15,000||1977|
|M/M James Ashworth Residence||James Ashworth||$325,000||1982|
|J K MacDonald Residence||J K MacDonald||$3,100,000||1992|
|M/M Neal Rainwater Res. Design||Neal Rainwater||$2,500||2002|
|M/M J Spencer Ashworth Residence||J Spencer Ashworth||$160,000||2003|
|M/M James Brazil Renovation||James Brazil||$1,500||2004|
|M/M Travis Warren Renovation||Travis Warren||$12,000||2004|
|Lenox Mall Addition||Lenox Mall||$1,500,000||1976|
|Richway # 18||Richs||$1,700,000||1979|
|Richway # 19||Richs||$2,100,000||1980|
|Richway # 20||Richs||$2,300,000||1980|
|IBM Product Centers||IBM||$1,250,000||1982|
|J C Penney Catalog Center||J C Penney||$750,000||1982|
|J C Penney Renovations||J C Penney||$12,000,000||1982|
|Northlake AMC Theaters 8 Plex||Trammell Crow||$1,900,000||1983|
|Northlake Tower Festival Center||Trammell Crow||$4,000,000||1983|
|Tara Crossing Center||Hooker Barnes||$2,400,000||1985|
|Terrace At Willow Springs||King & Assoc||$2,000,000||1985|
|The Corners Shopping Center||MetLife||$115,000||1998|
|Mikes Package Store||Mikes Package Store||$556,000||2000|
|Pets Mart||Quality Solutions||$250||1999|
|Marta 360 Ashby St. Station||Marta||$8,000,000||1978|
|4000 Highlands Pkwy||Livista||$75,000||1996|
|Avalon 96A & B||Avalon 96AB LLC||$1,300,000||1996|
|Avalon Triad Bldg A||Avalon Triad LLC||$620,706||1997|
|Avalon Triad Bldg B||Avalon Triad LLC||$553,731||1997|
|Avalon Triad Bldg C||Avalon Triad LLC||$779,790||1997|
|Avalon North Bldg A||Avalon North LLC||$1,284,503||1998|
|Avalon North Bldg B||Avalon North LLC||$967,048||1998|
|TOTAL WORK COMPLETED||$1,777,271,069|